Are you an avid fan of the violin? Here are five facts about the violin that you may not already know:
- The first violin was made around 500 years ago by Andre Amati in Italy.
- Violins come in variety of sizes from 1/32 right up to 4/4 (Full Size) meaning players can start playing at any age!
- When you play the violin you can burn 170 calories per hour! Time to put down the weights and pick up a bow.
- A person that makes violins and other stringed instruments, such as the classical guitar, is called a luthier.
- Violinists, as a result of playing the violin, are able to use both sides of their brain better and have better co-ordination between their two hands than non violin players.
Are there any great violin facts we have missed out? Let us know!